• Inadequate protein intake can reduce satiety and promote the loss of lean body mass.Right. We need 1.2 gm/kg of lean body mass/day. That is all. Satiety is a concept that does not apply to the obese and ex-obese. If we felt it, we would not be obese. We need to stop eating long before satiety, as soon as we are able to stop eating.
• Inadequate intake of complex carbohydrates can lead to B-vitamin deficiencies.Hold on here. We can live quite well without sugar and grains, especially wheat. Wheat, ground whole wheat has a greater GI & GL that sugar, and all the vitimins are added chemicals. Modern processing, mineral depleted lands, and fertilizer has produced barren carbohydrates. Just take the chemicals and forget the carbohydrates. Add a bit if psyllium and manganese if necessary, Many "complex carbohydrates" contain nothing but glucose strings. Or just ban the term "complex carbohydrates" and replace it with whole vegetables. If you eat vegetables, there is little danger of being short on the Bs. If in doubt, take a heavy daily vitamin - mineral mix, a have a nice day.
• Inadequate intake of fruits and vegetables can lead to deficiencies in folic acid, magnesium and other minerals.
right but cross out the fruits. Modern fruit is mainly carbohydrates; an occasional taste is ok. OH, by the way, folic acid is a B vitamin found in spinach, chard, turnip greens, liver, and in most green vegetables. Not so much in any normal factory farm fruit.
• Inadequate intake of dairy products, together with decreased exposure to sunlight, can result in clinically significant calcium and vitamin D deficiencies, resulting in secondary hyperparathyroidism and loss of bone mineral mass.Processed dairy has no natural vitamin D remaining after processing, and most of the minerals are bonded to the lactose after processing. This statement is true for raw milk, but not so true for processed milk. Take vitamin D, as it is added anyway, skip the lactose, and take calcium & magnesium. Vitamin D is found in rose hips and pine needles. Pine Tea anyone? Rose hips were pounded into late fall pemmican. Vitamin D and fiber, more and fat vector.
• Avoidance of red meat can result in iron deficiencies in women.
• Nutritional deficiencies are particularly common in people adhering to fad diets, individuals from lower-income strata, and following bariatric surgery.Sub-clinical mineral and vitamin symptoms are just so common it is scarring. Take a daily multiple vitamin. The vegetable are fertilized to such a point that most are mineral and vitamin depleted, as are the soils they are grown in. I suffer from magnesium, potassium, Vitamin D and vitamin C shortages before I started down the path of recovery. I ate a SAD diet before. Many of the fad diets are better, but the base problem is carbohydrates stimulate insulin, which leads to intermittent or full time insulin resistance, hunger, cravings, and weight gain. We go into a "feast mode" and famine seldom comes. Cut the problem at the first, severely limit those problem carbohydrates, sugar, grains, and the problem amplifier, omega 6 oils.