Sunday, March 27, 2016

No Caffeine Now

So now that I have been off tea; hence, caffeine for ten days what have I experience?

  • appetite about the same, but sugar rich foods - apple and cough drops - taste much sweeter, and that was no sugar in the tea before. 
  • Passions are higher, aka irritation at traffic is worse. That may be part of withdrawal. Horn honkers still piss me off. Nobody moves because of a horn. It is just rude and obnoxious, and demonstrates the blowers ignorant and pushy attitude. 
  • Headaches persisted for a weak.
  • I was in the habit of stopping and making tea, and sitting and reading while I drank the tea. Now hot water works, but I am not inclined sit and read. Perhaps the removal of tea has made me more agitated in general. 
  • Stimulus to no stimulus will take more time to adjust to. I do not feel less stimulated, but I have never in memory been caffeine free. I switched coffee to tea quite a few years ago, and tried no caffeine for a couple of days but went to tea.  
  • My reaction time is way down, aka I have become a slug. 
  • I startle much easier
  • We live in a world with "cultural ADHD", all hyped up on sugar, caffeine, and other drugs. I see this now more obviously, having slowed down a bit. The crazy people are just flying by.
But what do I know....

2 comments :

  1. I admire you Fred, but I continue to limit myself to single cup o'latte in the AM, necessary to jump-start my motor... (Sleep quality exceedingly poor these days - THANKS MENOPAUSE! But yes, dr appt 5/03)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val; we all need to do as we need to do to just through life... what ever that may be...

    ReplyDelete

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.