Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Opinions of Others

 Confessions of a desire driven eater:

I am and always have been on of those people who is easily influenced by others. It is not intended, it is just the way I am, or was. I was generally cooperative with my parents. And with employers, and with other people, but I am not outgoing, and have some fear of dealing with other people for the purpose of selling. I just do not like to approach others.  It all come back to being to easily influenced by the opinions of others, except when they are missing the issue that I can clearly see, and know the cause of the problem.Often I would feel that I wanted to agree with others, but I know they are just wrong.

As a kid, my parents were very negative toward me socializing. I was always told to stay away from other people. I do not understand their logic, but it did have an impact on me, and my thinking as a young person. I do socialize more now, but it is not comfortable. Over protection? Religions bigotry? Racial bias? Embarrassment? "Stay away, they do not want to be bothered by you" was mothers refrain. And I would eat anything I could get my hands on.

I do not like the cold. Yes, winter is hell for me, and I live in a cold climate. As a kid, I was cold all winter. Too much cold. Not enough heat in that old log place. Not warm enough close. Perhaps it is that I feel cold more, I do not know. I find it hard to be active when it is cold. Eating warm stuff also helps with that cold feeling, so I would eat.

There is no help for this desire to eat, other than to not eat. The desire is still there. That is the real problem. Others seem to not have this. Some people cannot accept that. They do not know what it is like to have a ongoing desire to eat, and make it worse by expecting me to sit in front food and not eat. That is torture. I just will not do it.

Or is it that I just like to eat. But there is the desire. Or is it that I just like food too much, yes, that is the desire. Oh well, there is no medical help for that either.

It come down to "I do not need to have an opinion about things that do not concern me." I could have one, but I do not need one. If that applies to me, it should apply to all. There opinion is none of my concern. and still we see thing like this in other countries.http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2016/04/27/two-hindu-teachers-in-bangladesh-sentenced-to-six-months-in-jail-for-alleged-blasphemy /
People, who insist that there belief are right when clearly there is no life after death, no gods; this is all there is. Anything that we must suspend rational though to believe, is just not believable. I am among the godfree when I am by myself. There is no conflicts that way.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

please feel fee to comment. Links to other websites are not accepted. Links to related articles are. Negative comments will be delegated with the second finger.