As an engineer, I need to know what causes it, then remove the cause, is the first step.The causes can be grouped:
- Spiritual / belief disorders. - treatment - reprogramming. (this is where my greatest changes have occurred) Developing the desire to overcoming - ignorance, apathy, greed, and do something about the problem. Those who do not care cannot be helped. Some will understand and for those, I will carry on.
- Compulsive Overeating, a behavioural addiction, (as opposed to the atypical bulimia, anorexia). Treatment - Schwartz, OA, alternate obsession with 3 moderate meals per day, and work or live the remainder of the time.
- Sugar Addiction, a substance addiction. (dopamine circuit) Treatment - complete abstinence. May also include fructose addition, and fruit may also need to be excluded.
- Grain Addiction, a substance addiction. (serotonin circuit) wheat, gluten and/or gladin, amepectin A, or carbohydrate in general - Treatment complete abstinence.
- Over production of gehlin, chronic stress, chronic distress, chronic abuse, trapped, ... Treatment ???
- Over appetite stimulation - Treatment - remove all appetite stimulus... coffee, alcohol, sugar, grains, great tasting processed food, chocolate, etc. Reward theory-
- Cravings - Treatment - supplements as required, removal of triggers... temptation.
- Hunger - removal of fructose, and glucose, lactose, gladen, gladin, etc, from diet, or what ever is triggering the hunger. Including leptin resistance, insulin blocking leptin signal, fructose blocking leptin signal.
- Insulin, low blood sugars - low carb, let the liver produce the required glucose. This includes insulin resistance/ fat locked in issues/ division of energy (Taubes, Lustig)
- Tired - go to bed. Angry, lonely, bored, resentful, (get over it - buckup buttercup)
- Emotional issues - Deal with it. or become a buddhist.
- Personality issues - personality disorders -
- lack of food knowledge - ignorance, apathy, greed
- other physical, emotional, medical issues
The diet that works for me is LCHF, no fruit. Low GI may work for those without insulin - hyperinsulinemia - BG issues.